Even if you don’t have a diving qualification, this course will prepare you to be able to visit our Atlantic Museum. In just 3 dives you will be ready to enjoy the statues of this unique underwater museum, the only one of its kind in European waters.
One of the most successful diving experiences in the last 4 years. The best-selling beginner’s course in our online store by far. The Try-Dive including the Museo Atlántico is something for your bucket list. Why? Come and find out for yourself! Discover diving and the Atlantic Museum at the same time. An experience where we will prepare you, in 3 dives, to enjoy the secrets of diving and the magic of the work of Jason deCaires Taylor. The Atlantic Museum of Lanzarote is the only one of its kind in European waters. His other underwater sculpture parks are located in Grenada (Caribbean) and Cancun (Mexico). Over two days with our Try-dive experience including the Atlantic Museum, you will learn the basic safety concepts and skills you will need to visit the Museo Atlántico. It is a combination of SSI Basic Diver and a visit to the Atlantic Museum. (If you want to know more, you can look at the SSI Basic Diver information to understand everything that you will be doing step by step).
What does it consist of:
- 1 dive in confined waters: in shallow waters, you will learn basic diving skills (max. 6 metres)
- 1 open water dive: in slightly deeper waters you will learn everything about floating – weightlessness (max. 12 metres)
- 1 dive at the Museo Atlántico: to enjoy the magic of the work of Jason deCaires Taylor. (14 metres)
- 1 instructor for every 2 students (maximum)
- 3 dives
- boat for the second dive
- boat for the Atlantic Museum
- entry-ticket to the Atlantic Museum
- insurance for all underwater activity
- all necessary diving equipment
- Transportation to the dive sites and to the Museo Atlántico
- Diploma – SSI Basic Diver certification
How your activity is organised:
- Arrive at the dive centre at the agreed time (usually at 08:30 for Basic Diver training).
- Theory session, equipment operation, behaviour in the water and safety regulations for your first dive.
- A brief explanation of the operating rules of the dive centre and assembly of your equipment with your instructor.
- First dive in the sea, in shallow water, from the shore with your Instructor.
- Surface break and rest between dives and replacement of air supply.
- Drink and a snack to rehydrate and restore energy.
- Briefing with your instructor for the second dive.
- Second dive in slightly deeper waters from our boat the Maresía I.
- Return to the dive centre.
- We meet at the dive centre (usually at 14:00).
- We will take you to Playa Blanca to the Atlantic Museum entrance.
- Briefing from your instructor both the theory and practical explanations of the rules of diving at the Museum.
- Board our boat, the Maresía I, and dive at the Atlantic Museum.
- Return to the port.
- Return to the dive centre to collect your diploma.
In order to be able to participate in the Try-dive at the Atlantic Museum in Lanzarote experience, the following prerequisites are essential:
- Age: a minimum of 10 years of age (minors must be accompanied by an adult to the dive centre).
- Be able to swim.
- Complete a medical questionnaire to assess suitability for scuba diving.
Conditions that are incompatible with scuba diving:
- Cardiovascular disease.
If you have questions please, ask us!
Here are a few photographs of our divers enjoying their training and their dive at the Atlantic Museum. Click on a photo to start a slideshow.
Here’s a video of our divers enjoying the Museum.