Your opportunity to discover the magical world of colourful fish and living reefs in crystal clear warm blue waters with two dives (the second one from our boat)!
This is your opportunity to discover the magical world of colourful fish and living reefs in crystal clear warm blue waters. Scuba Diving is much easier than you think and this double try-dive will prepare you to take part in this new sport that awaits you. Dive into a whole new world. To truly enjoy your first experience underwater you will need someone you can trust and our instructors are patient and well-prepared. An SSI Dive Professional from Atlantis Diving Lanzarote will teach you everything you need to know and, under their guidance, you will learn the skills you need to enjoy this first experience underwater, with a maximum of 2 divers per instructor. Before you start your new experience, your instructor will explain everything you need to know to safely enjoy your time underwater with a comprehensive briefing. After completing your first dive (and falling in love with the submarine world) your second dive will be from our boat, the Maresía I, to one of our safest and most beautiful dive spots such as Punta Tiñosa, El Poril or Waikiki. We’re sure that once you’ve tried it, you won’t be able to stop scuba diving!
What will you learn?
You will learn the basics that you will need to dive under the direct supervision of an instructor for example, how to breathe underwater using the scuba equipment and to see if you feel comfortable. You will:
- Learn how you feel with scuba gear on and how easy it is to get around in the water.
- Understand what it’s like to breathe underwater and whether you feel comfortable.
- Learn to move skillfully underwater.
- Learn some basic exercises and safety rules that can be credited to your full certification scuba-diving course if you decide to take the next step.
There’s nothing like breathing underwater for the first time. It takes some time to adapt because humans are not designed to do this, however, after a few minutes of overwhelming awe, most participants realise how easy diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors usually face is not getting participants to submerge but persuading them to come out of the water when the dive is over!
If you have purchased the Try Scuba Diving in Lanzarote experience, and you want to go for another dive, you can do a second dive and pay the difference.
How your activity is organised:
- Arrive at the dive centre at the agreed time (usually at 08:30 for Basic Diver).
- Theory session, equipment operation, behaviour in the water and safety regulations for your first dive.
- A brief explanation of the operating rules of the dive centre and assembly of your equipment with your instructor.
- First dive in the sea, in shallow water, from the shore with your Instructor.
- Surface break and rest between dives and replacement of air supply.
- Drink and a snack to rehydrate and restore energy.
- Briefing with your instructor for the second dive.
- Second dive in slightly deeper waters from our boat the Maresía I.
- Return to the dive centre to collect your diploma.
Duration of the activity:
Approximately 4 hours from the time that you arrive at the dive centre until you receive your diploma.
In order to be able to participate in the Basic Diver Scuba Diving in Lanzarote experience, the following prerequisites are essential:
- Age: a minimum of 10 years of age (minors must be accompanied by an adult to the dive centre).
- Be able to swim.
- Complete a medical questionnaire to assess suitability for scuba diving.
Conditions that are incompatible with scuba diving:
- Cardiovascular disease.
If you have questions please, ask us!
Here are some pictures of try-dives with us in Lanzarote. Click on a picture to start a slideshow.
Here’s a video showing some of the highlights of a try-dive with Atlantis.