How can I dive with Atlantis Diving Lanzarote?
After the mandatory shutdown period due to the State of Alarm decreed by the Authorities, we have now started to carry out our favourite activity: Diving with the authorisation of the Government, as we are a company in the register of Tourism in the Government of the Canary Islands as ACTIVE TOURISM number TA-3-0000340.04.
We have to meet all the requirements that the Boletín Oficial del Estado (BOE) has set out, which we will explain here.
Lanzarote is a place with a very low rate of active infections but, even so, we are going to comply with all of the existing measures so that you can enjoy scuba diving with all the safety guarantees both in and out of the water.
We have listed all of these measures in our ATLANTIS DIVING LANZAROTE-COVID 19 Protocols that you can download at the end of this page.
But before we clarify some of the measures we have taken for the best performance of our activities.
What are our opening hours?
The dive shop will be open as normal:
- Monday to Saturday from 08:00 – 18:00
- Sunday from 08:00 – 14:00
These hours may change according to the needs of our clients.
How long will this last?
Until the situation changes and the Government releases new guidelines. This is the “new normal” for us and this requires:
- The mandatory use of a face mask (you need to bring this with you)
- Hand sanitising before entry to the dive centre (we have placed hand-sanitising gel and disposable gloves at the entrance to the dive centre)
- Maintain the recommended safety distance of 2 metres at all times
- Avoid direct physical contact with other people
Our “COVID-19 Safety Protocols” must be read and accepted in order to participate in diving activities.
At Atlantis Diving Lanzarote we will do everything possible so that your time at the dive centre is limited to essential only.
Can I rent dive equipment?
Yes, you can rent the usual range of diving equipment.
We do not rent tanks or any equipment to carry out activities unless it is with our experienced guides and with special training to handle this new normal.
All equipment is disinfected after each use. (The specifications of the disinfection products are in the attached protocol to be read and accepted).
What services are available in the dive centre?
- The dive shop is available in keeping with the protocols regarding capacity within the dive centre up to a maximum of 6 people plus staff.
- Dives & Courses: All of our dives are from our boat and are guided by our own instructors. The capacity of the boat is a maximum of 6 divers, up to 3 guides and the skipper (under the new regulations, we will not have more than 10 persons on board).
What do I need to know before coming to Atlantis Diving Lanzarote?
At Atlantis, we strive to make all of our divers feel at home and are guided on all certified dives in Lanzarote.
That is why we ask for the maximum collaboration to comply with the security measures and thus return to enjoy a safe and conscientious dive.
For safety reasons, we we can no longer provide the courtesy cool box with water, drinks and snacks from the dive centre. Each diver may carry, under their own responsibility, their own water bottle for individual use.